Whether you’re new to Singapore or thinking of changing your child’s current school, with so many fantastic international schools on our sunny island, picking one that suits your family can lead to choice paralysis for sure. And even though we can get a long way in our search with our amazing HoneyKids School Selector, when it comes to the final decision we’ll take any and all help on offer. And this is exactly why we’ve already hosted three hugely useful HoneyKids Asia International School Fairs with HSBC, where around 2000 parents got to meet over 20 of Singapore’s international schools on one day, and is why we’re doing it again: bigger and better than ever! And it’s happening THIS WEEKEND, so RSVP quick smart, parents.
This time around we’re not only pulling together a plethora of top international schools and hosting a series of talks on all things schooling, we’re also widening the school pool to include overseas universities to help navigate the minefield that is the education pathway for older kids. So, mark Saturday 16 March 2019, 9am to 3pm in your calendar as THE date you can finally stop procrastinating (and, if you’re like us, panicking) about which school to choose. Read on for all the deets of this one stop shop for your education search and register now for access!
How can the fair help your search for the perfect school for learners of all ages?
The HoneyKids Asia International School Fair with HSBC is the only search tool you need for international schooling options in Singapore and overseas. Whether you’re an expat or a local parent, come along to research and discuss all aspects of schooling choices from pre-school to primary school, secondary school to further education overseas: all in one location, on one day. There’ll also be a host of other activities happening on the day to complement the experience: talks, workshops and expert partners will be on hand to offer advice on all things schooling and parenting. International schools and overseas schools you will get to meet and quiz are confirmed as follows:
- Australian International School (AIS)
- Bali Island School (BIS)
- Blue House Nursery & International Preschool
- Canadian International School (CIS)
- Chatsworth International School
- EtonHouse International School
- GEMS World Academy (Singapore)
- Global Indian International School Singapore (GIIS)
- Hillside World Academy (HWA)
- International Community School (Singapore)
- ISS International School (ISS)
- Lycée Français de Singapour (LFS)
- Marlborough College Malaysia
- Nexus International School (
- One World International School (
- Repton Schoolhouse
- St. Joseph’s Institution International School (SJII)
- Stamford American International School (SAIS)
- Swiss School of Singapore (SSiS)
- UWC Thailand
What’s it all about?
Looking for an international school (or pre-school) in Singapore or neighbouring countries?
There’ll be over 20 Singapore international schools (including pre-schools) as well as international schools from around Asia on hand to speak to about everything from curriculum to pricing. Principals, staff and admissions officers will be happy to answer any questions on topics from pre-school years right through to secondary school options, and beyond.
Searching for an overseas university for your teenager?
If so, you’ll be stoked to hear that we’re adding an additional component to this fair (based on the feedback of parents) for those who need advice on the longer term plans for older kid’s education. Swing by for a chat with select universities and education consultants for wise words on which higher education routes suit your family best, and what overseas schooling options are available. Universities in attendance are:
- LIM College (USA)
- Queens College of Belfast
- University of East Anglia (UK)
- Navitas Australia
- Trinity College, Dublin
- OAL Study UK (on behalf of University of Sheffield, University of Leeds, Loughborough University, University of Reading, University of the Arts London and University of Exeter)
- University of Melbourne
- University of Western Australia
- University of Warwick, UK
- Durham University, UK
- Curtin University
PLUS: EducationUSA and IDP will be talking about the pathways to university in USA, Australia and UK at 1pm, stay tuned to the FB page for programme updates!
Attend useful talks & school workshops
We’ve organised a host of other activities to help shape and support your school search such as expert panel talks on the hour and workshops so parents can see for themselves what life would really be like for your child at the schools on your shortlist, check out the programme below:
>Expert Panel Talk Schedule – just turn up, no registration required
- 10am: All about the Early Years
Schools on this panel: ISS International School (ISS), St. Joseph’s Institution International School (SJII) & Bali Island School (BIS)
- 11am: Language Learning & Bilingualism
Schools on this panel: Lycée Francais de Singapour (LFS), UWCSEA & Stamford American International School
- 12pm: Choosing the Right International School
Schools on this panel: International Community School (Singapore), GEMS World Academy (Singapore) & UWC Thailand
- 1pm: University Pathways to USA, AUSTRALIA and UK
These talks will be broken up into 20 min slots with EducationUSA give out key tips and guidance on all things going to uni in the USA (1pm-1:20pm) followed by IDP covering tips about studying in Australia (1:20pm-1:40pm) and UK (1:40pm-2pm). Join for all three or pop in if you’ve already shortlisted the country!
>Workshop Schedule – registration required, bookings will open from 9am on event day
- 9:30am: Learn like a Pre-Schooler with (GESS): If you have always wondered what learning in pre-school looks like, here is your chance to experience it firsthand! Parents are invited tio join in this interactive workshop to code as a preschooler would and reflect on the process of learning through the experience.
- 10:30am:Learning to Read with Australian International School: Did you know that learning to read is a complex process that begins at birth when parents first begin talking to their baby? Parents will learn how to prepare their children at home for this vital stage of their learning journey.
- 11:30am: ‘I don’t care who started it’ with Nexus International School (Singapore): Keen to find out more about Restorative Practice? No matter how old our children are, we’ve all probably gone through, or are going through that stage of trying to resolve conflicts between our children. Join for an interactive session and become the Zen parent you have always dreamt of.
- 1pm: Learn Chinese in 30 minutes with Canadian International School: The CIS team will show you how fun and easy it is to learn Chinese through simple Chinese songs and story-telling through symbols. At the end of this workshop, parents will be able to sing popular Chinese songs such as “Big Apple” and “12 zodiacs” and have an understanding of the Chinese language learning approach at CIS.
Meet expert partners, enjoy free play time and goody bags too
Don’t forget to also check in with our expert partners for info and advice on all things parenting. Our partners include:
- Santa Fe Relocation
- Stork’s Nest Singapore
- CIS Summer Camps
- Camp Asia
- Sports Ready
- Discovery Camps
- HSBC Singapore Rugby Sevens
- The Corner Store
- The Yard Gymnastics
- Complete Healthcare International (CHI)
And if you decide to bring the kiddos along to the fair, we’ve got plenty going on to keep them busy all thanks to Santa Fe Relocation‘s pop up playground (we know how much kids love playing with boxes!) as well as a fantastic goody bag valued at over $50 thanks to our friends at HSBC. It’s literally bursting at the seams with cool stuff including treats from Jamie’s Italian, stationery, hats, vouchers and more (it’s one per family and whilst stocks last).
About our partner HSBC
HSBC is the bank of choice for global citizens, and with the international school scene also being such a global affair, we think that our partner is the perfect fit when it comes to finances (including relocation and international and overseas schooling costs). HSBC is always on hand to offer pre-and post-arrival support for families relocating to Singapore. On top of that, HSBC customers get to enjoy tons of other privileges and offers for education, food, fitness classes, Mandarin courses and even rugby training for the kiddos! Other perks include free cash withdrawal at all HSBC atms worldwide for all HSBC Premier and Advance customers & the ability to instantly transfer funds between your HSBC accounts worldwide with one log in (applicable when parent has joint account with child).
Visit HSBC at the HoneyKids Asia International School Fair to understand how they can help make your child’s education options easier. And don’t forget to collect your goody bag from them – it’s valued at over $50!
All the deets
Event Name: HoneyKids Asia International School Fair, in partnership with HSBC
Date: Saturday 16th March 2019
Location: Pan Pacific Singapore – Pacific Ballroom (ground floor) – 7 Raffles Blvd, Marina Square, Singapore 039595
Cost: This is a FREE event but pre-registration is required – complete now for faster entrance at the event. Otherwise, you can register on the day!
Note: We’ll send emails and update the Facebook event page regularly with programme updates, details on how to access the venue and any new additions to the event: stay tuned!