Break out the Christmas craft kit! We’ve picked out five holiday craft projects for kids that are as sustainable as they are fun! Recycle your toilet paper rolls into fun DIY Christmas decorations – perfect for keeping the children playing indoors for hours on a rainy day during the loooong school holidays. Want more ideas for encouraging kids to be creative during the festive season? Get them started on our pom pom Christmas wreath, or keep them busy with colouring-in sessions thanks to our printable gift tags and Christmas posters!
1. Take two sticks and a toilet roll to create Ladyland’s cool version of Rudolph (pictured top) for an Xmas dec with a difference.
2. Prettiest toilet rolls ever: try a festive floral wreath using Kiflies Levendula’s easy-peasy instructions. Google translate optional.
3. Ho, ho, ho! Santa’s gone googly-eyed in this Jill Dubien for Kid’s CBC tutorial and our little elves can’t wait to turn loo rolls and plastic cups into Father Christmas!
4. For washi tape lovers, try these festive pillow boxes by The Pink Doormat. Sustainable festive wrap right there.
5. Bang! Go crackers creating these colourful decs using Oh Happy Day’s instructions.
Styling and Photography (top image): Emma Scott-Child for Ladyland.
Like this story? Here’s are more festive reads we think you’ll enjoy:
Countdown to Christmas with these kid-friendly apps
Flicks to catch during the festive season
Christmas shopping at the best Xmas markets in Singapore
Where to buy a Christmas tree in Singapore