We love this dazzling time of year and can’t wait to get busy with all the upcoming Mid-Autumn festival fun! In the meantime, why not break out the craft kit and get on with making your own auspiciously festive decor? We turned plates into dinosaurs during the school holidays, and now we’re creating dragons out of paper plates and pineapples out of washi tape with these fun DIY decorations: perfect for keeping the little ones busy playing indoors on a rainy day. Now we just need to work out how to make the mooncakes…
1. There’s nothing scary about these colourful cute Chinese dragon puppets in this Kix Cereal tutorial.
2. HoneyKids’ craft heaven right here with this pineapple washi tape print by Delineate Your Dwelling.
3. Light up your day and your Mid-Autumn decor with these easy peasy pretty Chinese lantern instructions from The True Sea.
4. Kids will love making these little parcels of luck: homemade fortune cookies at Crafts by Amanda.
5. Here’s another DIY lantern project – because at this time of year there is no such thing as too many lanterns. This time, with ruffles. Hop to it with this Sad to Happy Project tutorial.
Like this story? Here’s more we think you’ll enjoy:
Rainy day activities: 50 things to keep the kids busy with
Toilet roll art to try with the kids
Best art and craft stores in Singapore
Amazing things kids can do with a cardboard box