We love this colourful time of year and can’t wait to get busy with all the upcoming Chinese New Year celebrations! In the meantime, why not break out the craft kit and get on with making your own festive decor? We already turned plates into dinosaurs during the school holidays, and now we’re creating dragons out of paper plates and pineapples out of washi tape with these fun DIY decorations: perfect for keeping the little ones busy playing indoors on a rainy day.
1. There’s nothing scary about these colourful cute Chinese dragon puppets (pictured top) in this Kix Cereal tutorial.
3. HoneyKids’ craft heaven right here with this pineapple washi tape print (pictured top) by Delineate Your Dwelling.
4. Oink, oink: 2019 is the Year of the Pig, and we’re loving these piggy bank crafts by First Cry Parenting. Craft and money saving all in one hit!
5. Kids will love making these little parcels of luck: homemade fortune cookies (pictured top) by Crafts by Amanda.
6. All you need for this easy peasy dragon craft by Kids Activities Woo is a printer, some felt tips and a couple of wooden skewers. Job done.
7. Light up your day and your Chinese New Year decor with these pretty Chinese lantern instructions by The True Sea (pictured top)
Top image: Delineate your Dwelling, Crafts by Amanda, The True Sea and Kix Cereal
Like this story? Here’s more we think you’ll enjoy: