Hands up if you’ve ever stepped on a minefield of LEGO scattered around the house? (Of course it always happens when you’re barefoot, and it’s a special kind of pain parents know too well.) Parents also know the struggle to find space-saving furniture and storage options is real. Whether you sort your kid’s LEGO by colour, theme or keep sets together in boxes or zip lock bags, the quest to organise that LEGO stash continues. We’ve found five clever ways to store all those bricks – and yes these smart storage ideas are easy to find in Singapore…
1. We are loving these Play and Go bags from Deer Industries: by day it’s a play mat, by night a speedy solution to clearing up and storing that LEGO.
2. Our days of dancing shoes are, sadly, mostly over. Follow instructions at Kids Activities Blog and put redundant shoe hangers to good use by colour co-ordinating your LEGO in an awesome storage solution.
3. If your kids have a thing for LEGO figures (like ours), then try upcycling an old shadow box or deep photo frame into this display case: Bonggamom shows us how to do it the easy-peasy way.
4. IKEA is not just our go-to for meatballs and cheap saucepans, it’s also the place for tons of storage ideas that answer our LEGO organisational prayers. We’re loving the colourful PS 2014 storage table, and the RÅSKOG storage trolleys, which are just $59! If you have a budding Master Builder in your home and need to store a massive LEGO collection, the TROFAST storage system is the way to go. The shallow storage boxes are particularly useful for keeping smaller sets of LEGO neatly tucked away.
5. Pop online and hit up Lazada to order a toolbox! With drawers and compartments aplenty, these make the perfect cheap ‘n’ cheerful LEGO storage option for storing pieces by colour or size.
And if all else fails? Think about treating yourself to a pair of LEGO-proof slippers! Genius.