The Melbourne International School is a small welcoming, inclusive school for children to learn and co-exist from a young age. It is a co-educational international school for children from Preschool to High School with Personalised Learning Plan (PLP) and following the Foundation to Year 10 Australian Curriculum which is similar to the UK Key Stages. The Personalised Learning Plan (PLP’s) enables the school to tailor the child’s educational experience to their specific requirements and unlock their potential. The Founder, Jayne Nadarajoo has a reputation for providing an intimate schooling experience where teachers offer students quality teaching coupled with a personalised education.
MIS offers both mainstream and special education to help each child reach their full potential. The F-10 Curriculum incorporates a visual and performing arts programme as well as therapy services where it is needed. Students see specialist teachers in art, dance, music, occupational therapy, physical education and speech and language therapy. These areas of learning are also used in meaningful and directed ways by the classroom teacher to achieve literacy, numeracy, and living skills goals.
The school also offers functional academics in the areas of Maths, English and Pre-Vocational Training, and it incorporates an independent living skills programme that helps to encourage self-help and self-regulation.
What Sets This School Apart
- Small and inclusive school environment
- Teacher to student ratio of 1:8
- We accept students of all abilities in our inclusive school as our teaching approach caters to the multiple intelligences i.e. all types of learners. We believe that every child, regardless of challenges, should be valued as they have the potential to contribute to society.
- The diversity of students allows everyone to learn to co-exist from a young age. This experience will make them empathetic global citizens in the future.
- Offers the Four and One Primary School Programme which offers four days of focus on core content subjects and one day of immersion in creative and performing arts at The GUILD International College
- Social skills programme aimed at helping students have meaningful social connections by developing their confidence, connections and relationships for positive mental wellbeing.
Foundation - $30,000 per annum
Year One Intervention F-10 Curriculum - $30,000 per annum
Year Two Intervention F-10 Curriculum - $30,000 per annum