Come to our next FREE party to celebrate CNY in a truly authentic way. The fun is happening at Hillside World Academy, and you're all invited!
Before we know it, the next big celebration on the calendar will be here quicker than you can say “Gong Xi Fa Cai”! Yep: Chinese New Year is rolling around again and we’re setting our minds to celebrating it in true Chinese culture fashion. So if you’re hankering for a FREE party that’s going to be packed with calligraphy workshops, lantern and ang bao craft, lion dances, goody bags and plenty of CNY snacks, you absolutely need this on your radar: The HoneyKids Family Fun Day presents CNY Celebration with Hillside World Academy (HWA). Read on for all the deets about the action-packed fun happening on 19 January 2019 and RSVP asap!
Why Hillside World Academy (HWA)?
We can’t think of a better place to throw a culturally appropriate, awesome party than at Hillside World Academy (HWA). Why? Well, for starters it is the leading international school for an authentic Chinese learning programme as well as it being one of the few bi-cultural schools in Singapore that successfully fuses both eastern and western culture. You only have to watch our adorable video taking a peek into life at the school to see how happy the kids are learning in an environment that encompasses true cultural experiences and the internationally recognised IB PYP curriculum. Students at HWA are able to achieve the perfect balance of language-learning, academic excellence and effective educational outcomes while immersing in both English and Mandarin programmes on a daily basis. All this means one thing: HWA is THE place to host a truly genuine Chinese New Year festival in the most authentic way.
Uncover the Chinese traditions of Chinese New Year
Ready for some serious FREE CNY fun? We can’t wait for the party that promises plenty of Chinese cultural activities including a calligraphy workshop, CNY goodies, dragon dances, pineapple tarts, paper cutting and Chinese zodiac activities. And that’s just for starters!
So what’s happening and when?
There will be plenty of activities happening on the day, and no kid will go without having fun while learning what life is like as a HWA student, all while trying out the CNY activities that go hand-in-hand with the school culture.
Special Performance: The event will kick off with a special authentic Chinese performance at 2:20pm and you DO NOT want to miss this! Keeping to great CNY tradition, the performance will include a Lion and Dragon dance too!
Scheduled activities will run every twenty minutes starting from 3pm until 5pm on a first come, first served basis. Get in line for:
- Red lantern and red packet decorating activity
- Lucky word calligraphy workshops
- Paper cutting
- An intro to the Chinese zodiac, including how to write your name in Mandarin
Ongoing activities will be happening non-stop from 3pm-5pm:
- Learn how to lion and dragon dance with drums
- Bamboo dancing activities
- Colouring station with activity sheets to practice Chinese numbers and words
- A dessert station: FREE CNY delights such as pineapple tarts, bunny milk candy, coconut cookies and candy (while stocks last)
And there’s more!
- The canteen will be open from 2pm-5pm selling Chinese food and refreshments (cash only!)
- A free ice cream bread stall open from 3pm-5pm, served the traditional way (while stocks last)
- Free-for-all playground
- Goody bags valued at $30 thanks to HWA, HoneyKids and its supporting partners, available to the first 100 families through the door (one bag per family)
- Free-flow Chinese tea and still water
What: HoneyKids Family Fun Day presents CNY Celebration with Hillside World Academy
Where: HWA campus, 11 Hillside Drive, Singapore 548926 (Serangoon area)
When: Saturday 19 January 2019, 2pm-5pm
Cost: FREE but please do RSVP here as spots are limited. One registration per family.
Important: Make sure you get there for 2pm as the special performance will kick off at 2:20pm sharp!
See you there folks!