The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees has been a favourite among parents in Singapore for over 30 years. We find out what makes this preschool stand out…
If you’re looking for preschools for bub here in Singapore, you’ve probably heard of The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees (formerly Pat’s Schoolhouse). It currently has 17 preschools and three infant care centres located throughout Singapore, and is one of the fastest growing early childhood education centres in the country.
But the convenience of its many locations isn’t the only reason why The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees is popular with families in Singapore; the preschool is also known for its unique education programme and childcare services – fondly referred to as “the Pat’s Difference”. Here, we uncover all you need to know about this preschool’s approach to early childhood education, and how its centres deliver “the Pat’s Difference”:
1. Playtime is taken seriously at The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees, with super cool facilities!
Play is something that comes naturally to children, and the educators at The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees strongly believe in encouraging it. As such, the preschool adopts an inquiry-embedded play approach to teaching which makes learning an enjoyable experience for children. This is why you can find spacious and colourful play areas at all of its centres, as these encourage children to wonder and carry out their own investigations about anything that piques their curiosity. On top of vibrant play areas, selected Pat’s Schoolhouse centres also have a wading pool, water play area, sandpit, cycling track, and a Meadow garden where children can grow their own fruits!
- The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees @ Mount Emily for its lush outdoor play area with in-ground wading pool, Meadow garden, and friendly neighbours – a pair of Hornbill birds!
- The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees @ Kovan, the group’s largest centre, for its water play area, sandpit, cycling track, and panoramic rooftop playground.
- The Schoolhoouse by Busy Bees @ Aroozoo for its spacious and attractive outdoor playground and movement room.
2. Its infant care centres have low infant-teacher ratios to provide comprehensive care.
The Schoolhouse by Busy Bee’s infant care centres have a one-to-three infant-teacher ratio, which means your little one will be getting individualised attention every single day. This is one of the top reasons why its infant care service is so popular among parents. The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees finds that this infant-teacher ratio allows its educarers to observe each infant closely to understand their communication styles and needs. The educarers can then set up an environment and experiences that suit the infants under their care, as well as cater to each of the childs’ needs as soon as they can.
- The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees @ Kent Ridge for its various learning corners that are tailored to each age group’s education needs.
- The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees @ Grassroots to check out its newly revamped playground and enrichment programmes that are unique to this centre.
3. The teachers recognise parents as partners in their child’s learning journey.
Educating a child is not the responsibility of the teacher or parents alone. Since it takes a village to raise a child, The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees understands that everyone within the child’s community should be involved in their learning journey – this means parents, teachers, the preschool’s principal, and the support staff as well! This is why the centres’ educators make an effort to establish a relationship-based partnership with their students’ parents for easy communication and discussions about the student’s growth and development.
This post is in partnership with The Schoolhouse by Busy Bees (formerly Pat’s Schoolhouse).