If you’re expecting a baby – whether it’s your first time or fourth time – HoneyKids is with you for the ride (we’ve all been there and earned the T-shirts)! Maybe you’ve already found your way to HoneyKids Bumps and Babies, where we share real stories, expert advice, practical info and lovely things we think new mums in Singapore need to know. Or maybe you’ve even been part of one of our previous Dream Team Talks – they kicked off in 2017 with fun-packed events covering everything from pregnancy to infancy, sleepless nights to ‘oh my goodness do they ever STOP?’ toddler lowdowns.
But if you’re as new to HoneyKids and our Dream Team Talks as you are to pregnancy, then we’d like to say a very big ‘we get it’ and ‘hello!’ We’d also like to welcome you ALL to our very special, free event: Dream Team Talks – Your Pregnancy Journey, on 22 February from 9.30am until 12pm. So mark it in your diary, read on for all the exciting deets (goodies, expert talks and lots of lovely food, friends and fun) and then don’t forget to register: spaces are limited and are sure to fill up quick!
This exclusive, free event on Thursday 22 February at Food for Thought @ National Museum will give you insider access to three expert guest speakers, who will be there to offer wise words and support during your pregnancy and beyond. This is your chance to hear from Doctor Maria Tang, a GP based at Complete Healthcare International (CHI), Kelly McGinnity, Aussie physiotherapist at UFIT Clinic, and Aarathi Arumugam of Singapore Expat Solutions. Our team will be offering their crucial advice on pregnancy, birth and your wellbeing after birth – and answering your own burning questions! Our lovely friends at Little Farms will join to share wonderful words on pregnancy nutrition and offer fresh fruits for you to try.
Meet our Pregnancy Dream Team:
Dr. Maria Tang (MBBS, DRCOG, MRCGP)
Dr. Maria Tang is a GP who graduated from the renowned United Medical & Dental School of Guy’s and St Thomas’ University of London in 1998, and has been practising in here in Singapore since 2010. She specialises in family planning, women’s health and paediatrics, and has a Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology under her belt, so you’ll be in safe (and wise) hands when it comes to her talk on ‘Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy’ . She’ll certainly ease some your niggling questions, and will be chatting about everything from eating and sleeping to medication and caffeine.
Kelly McGinnity, Physiotherapist (UFIT)
Kelly is an Australian physiotherapist based at UFIT Clinic Raffles Quay and One-North. Kelly has seen her fair share of bumps from over 10 years of working in private practice and maternity wards in Perth. Since completing a Graduate Certificate in Continence and Women’s Health, Kelly has specialised in the management of postnatal conditions and currently runs the highly successful UFIT Pre-Natal Programs. If you’re ready to bounce right back from that baby bump, Kelly’s got great tips on how to get fit and stay fit during and after pregnancy.
Aarathi Arumugam, Singapore Expat Solutions
It’s not just parents and siblings that need a crash course in ‘bringing home a teeny tiny person’. If you have a helper, especially one who isn’t used to newborns, then chances are she might need some guidance too. Aarathi of Singapore Expat Solutions will be joining us to cover topics including schedules, first aid, menus and how to define your helper’s responsibilities when bubba comes home.
- As if all this FREE and fabulous advice is not awesome enough, you’ll also be fed a delicious morning tea comprising mini vegetarian muffins, chicken and cucumber sandwiches and mini pastries courtesy of Food for Thought (a truly wonderful cafe that aims to bring people together for Good Food for a Good Cause). And if you’re still feeling peckish after the talk (because you are pregnant, after all), you’ll also enjoy a 15% discount off your dine-in bill for lunch or afternoon tea!
- Thanks to the lovely folks from Bambino, we are giving away Love to Dream‘s Swaddle UP Hamper to one lucky winner. This ingenious Australian zip-up swaddle allows your baby to sleep in a more natural position with arms UP. The Swaddle UP requires no mind-boggling wrapping, so everyone can swaddle right every time. Need more sleep? Swaddle UP!
- Look out for the lovely Hayley Durack of Polkadot Photography, who will be snapping the event for us – catch her eye to capture yourself a beautiful photo of your bump: all of the images will be available to download afterwards!
- Also: goody bags. Because we all love a goody bag.
When: Thursday 22 February 2018, 9.30am-12pm
Where: Food for Thought @ National Museum, 93 Stamford Road, National Museum of Singapore, #01-04/05, Singapore 178897
RSVPs are essential
This very special event is free, and space for parents-to-be is limited. Partners are absolutely welcome, but please RSVP for each person attending! RSVP below* to snap up your spot!
* By providing your details, please note that you will also be joining the subscriber list for HoneyKids and HoneyKids Bumps and Babies, and may be contacted by our event partners for this Dream Team Talk.