Break out the macaroni, pasta twirls and lasagne sheets for pasta crafts perfect for a crafter-noon of fun with the kids...
We’ve already started reusing our leftovers and donating to the Food Bank thanks to World Food Day, our pets are feeling the love after World Animal Day, and we’re still (mostly) grinning in light of World Smile Day. And now, we’ve got another World Day to celebrate: hold onto your hats for this one, people. It’s World Pasta Day! And let’s face it, it’s one of our major fail safes when it comes to either a quick meal for fussy kids or a fancier version loaded with wine and cheese for a dinner party. But you know what else it’s perfect for? Craft! And we’ve found five easy pasta crafts to try with kids of all ages…
1. Singapore has a LOT of sun, so we think anything that harnesses the power of the sunshine along with some colourful easy craft is a winner for sure. Try this super cute pasta sun catcher (pictured above) tutorial by Babble Dabble Do to bring some dazzle into your home.
2. No mum’s jewellery collection is ever really complete until it includes a funky pasta necklace made by the fair hands of young craft-makers. We’re especially loving this foxy little number by Momtastic.
3. Here’s a chance to break out the googly eyes by trying these colourful fish instructions by I Heart Crafty Things. Could this be a sneaky alternative to the current demands from small family members for a small pet of their own?
4. We’ve already been busy with Halloween craft for kids, but we’re definitely adding these cute pasta monsters by Crafts by Amanda to our spooky checklist!
5. Back to the crafty know-alls at Babble Dabble Do who will guide you through the process of dying, tinting and staining the humble lasagne sheet to create a stained glass masterpiece worthy of any window.
Like this story? Here’s more we think you’ll enjoy:
Best art and craft stores in Singapore
Easy crafts for the school holidays
Creative toilet roll craft for kids
Easy activities we love as much as the kids do
Don’t forget to subscribe to our weekly newsletter for the latest updates on all things family-friendly and follow us for fun moments on HoneyKids Instagram!