If you are a parent or an educator with a child with Specific Learning Differences (SpLD) under your wings, you are probably looking for the best knowledge, skills and resources to help the child rise above learning challenges to achieve his or her maximum potential.
Don’t miss the Uniting Ideas in Teaching Excellence: Specific Learning Differences (UNITE SPLD) 2021 conference organised by the Dyslexia Association of Singapore (DAS). The conference theme is “Embrace Dyslexia”, in commemoration of the 30th anniversary campaign of DAS called DAS30.
This annual conference will present international research and practical solutions, delivered through engaging sessions and covering aspects of behaviour, identification, early intervention, technology, multilingualism, assessment and much more.
By signing up for a Standard Online Access ticket, participants will enjoy:
• Two-day conference online access including four keynote presentations and breakout streams
• Free access to on-demand resource library comprising conference presentations and other resources for six months
• Free access to virtual exhibition
• Opportunities to directly interact and obtain tips from international experts during the “Meet the Presenters” Live Forum
• Participation in two other live forums to gain global perspectives from international experts and specialists: the “Dyslexia Strengths Forum” on Embrace Dyslexia on Day 1 and the “International Forum” on raising awareness about learning differences and improving students’ motivation to learn on Day 2.
The keynote presentations for this year are:
• Professor John Stein (UK): Does developmental dyslexia really exist?
• Dr Levan Lim (Singapore): The inclusion of students with special educational needs in Singapore
• Geetha Shantha Ram & Deborah Hewes (Singapore): Dyslexia, the whole picture and the 360 degree perspective
• Dean Bragonier (USA): From helplessness To empowerment: RE-engaging students with dyslexia
Registration is open from now till 25 June 2021.
CONFERENCE – Standard Online Access: S$120; discounted rates available for RETA Members and DAS Parents
EXHIBITION – free access for participants and public