We love this colourful time of year and can’t wait to get busy with all the upcoming Mid-Autumn festival fun! In the meantime, why not break out the craft kit and get on with making your own festive decor? We already turned plates into dinosaurs during the school holidays, and now we’re creating dragons out of paper plates and pineapples out of washi tape with these fun DIY decorations: perfect for keeping the little ones busy playing indoors on a rainy day.
1. There’s nothing scary about these colourful cute Chinese dragon puppets in this Kix Cereal tutorial.
2. It’s still the Year of the Dog! Combine a love of pooches with a love of reading by making a doggy bookmark! We think these instructions by Red Ted Art are paw-fectly easy for even your very small pups, and while not particularly Mid-Autumny, they’re a lot of fun.
3. HoneyKids’ craft heaven right here with this pineapple washi tape print by Delineate Your Dwelling.
4. Light up your day and your Mid-Autumn festival decor with these easy peasy pretty Chinese lantern instructions from The True Sea.
5. Kids will love making these little parcels of luck: homemade fortune cookies by Crafts by Amanda.
6. Here’s another DIY lantern project – because at this time of year there is no such thing as too many lanterns. This time, with ruffles. Hop to it with this Sad to Happy Project tutorial.
Like this story? Here’s more we think you’ll enjoy:
Rainy day activities: 50 things to keep the kids busy with
Toilet roll art to try with the kids
Amazing things kids can do with a cardboard box
Where to buy cheongsams and mandarin collar shirts in Singapore