LEGOLAND School Challenge is back in its second iteration. This year, the Competition expands its region to include students from ASEAN countries such as Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, and the Philippines.
Through the Competition aims to unleash students’ imagination to create the worlds of their dreams with LEGO. The theme for this year’s competition is Cities of the Future.
Theme: Cities of the Future
Categories: 7 to 12, and 13 to 17 years old
Registration Period: Now till 26 May 2023
Submission Period: 19 June to 7 July 2023
LEGOLAND School Challenge is created based on LEGO’s DNA of learning through play. The Competition hopes to instil a lifelong learning mindset through STEM approach that reinforces teamwork, critical thinking, problem-solving and self-confidence.
1. Students must form groups of 5 to 15 accompanied by at least 1 to 3 teachers and register their teams on the LEGOLAND School Challenge by 26 May 2023, 2359hr (GMT+8).
2. Submit by uploading pictures of models alongside a photo, video, and written description of the design. Submission starts 19 June to 7 July 2023, 2359hr (GMT+8).
Submissions will be reviewed by an expert panel from LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort, including a Master LEGO Builder. Only original designs will be accepted. Submissions will be judged based on:
1. Implementation of STEM elements in the design work
2. Congruence to theme and creativity
3. Originality and uniqueness of designs
There will be five winning teams – Grand Prize, 2nd Place, 3rd Place, 4th Place, and 5th Place, in each category. Schools and winning teams will be credited, and entries will be displayed at LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort. There are prizes worth SGD30,000 to be won.