We’ve been getting fit, picking up new skills and relaxing in fam-friendly dining heaven this week...
Whoop, whoop: It may be Monday, but we’ve got a public holiday tomorrow, and you know what that means? An extra day to pack with fun adventures with the kiddos! Our own team of small roving reporters have been checking out the hot stuff happening in Singapore (and beyond) right now, and confidently inform us that these are the things you should have on your kid-approved activity list for this week…
1. We’re still on a ruck ‘n’ roll high thanks to the awesome HSBC Rugby 7s that took place over the weekend (well done, Fiji!), and the whole family has been inspired to start getting fit and think about taking up a new sport. With so many cool sports for teens, fantastic football schools and even affordable gyms for us parents to choose from, there really is no excuse to be a couch potato anymore. Pssst… also check out our round-up of all the exciting summer camps happening over June, July and August. We’ve got sporty ones, artsy ones and even ones that have a good mix of everything.
2. It’s been awhile since we skipped over the border to LEGOLAND Malaysia, but with all the awesome new attractions and thrilling Star Wars-themed activities happening right now, we gave it another whirl. This place never lets us down when it comes to a wallet-friendly weekend getaway and gets an extra thumbs up for being somewhere we can bring kids of all ages, and they all end up happy.
3. Eating out with kids seems like a good idea, but when they’re turning their noses up at the menu and creating havoc because they’re booooored, not so much. We may have found the answer to your family-friendly dining prayers at Keppel Bay! Home to both Prive and Bayswater Kitchen, the former has a small, fun playground within the restaurant, while the latter has a top notch menu for little ones, and plenty of space for kids to mooch around while making the most of great views over the marina that’s filled with boats. With wide open spaces perfect for some cycling and scooting, it’s a place you can spend the entire day at!
4. We struck entertainment gold with a bored six-year old when we stumbled across BB Your Creative Studio at the back of Parkway Parade during a rainstorm. This small art studio is packed with fun, creative crafty opps including lollipop stick art, clay model painting, and regular slime-making workshops! It’s cheap too, and run by super-friendly staff. Win, win.
5. The tween and teen brigade are not forgotten this week either… We’ve unearthed lovely craft sessions that you can send older kids along to. Or try for yourself as a parent-child workshop team over at Flora Clay. Never again do you have to watch your beautiful blooms wither thanks to the nifty clay flower skills to be picked up at one of its regular courses.
Like this story? Here’s more we think you’ll enjoy: