As a parent, you’re probably well aware by now that education doesn’t come cheap. While the hunt for the best international schools in Singapore continues, one of the number one questions asked on school tours is “how much does it all cost?” Registration, enrolment fees, development fees and tuition all add up to one big sum, and you’ll probably need to fork out the same amount (or more) for the second, third and even fourth child. Luckily, schools have made the whole schooling process just slightly more wallet-friendly with sibling discounts on school fees. We’ve found the international schools in Singapore that offer sibling discounts*…
Tuition fees: 25% discount for second child onwards, applicable to the child(ren) with the lowest tuition rate(s). The sibling discount does not apply to the Confirmation Fees (Enrolment Fee) or to the Capital Levy (Development Fee).
Total school fees: 5% discount for the third child, 10% for the fourth child, and 15% for the fifth child onwards.
Swiss School in Singapore
Registration fee: 50% off for second child onwards.
Total school fees: Nexus will offer a sibling discount starting August 2019: 3% off fees for second child, 15% off for third and 25% off for fourth child.
Tuition fee: 25% discount for all younger siblings.
Tuition and Development fee: 20% discount, plus enrolment fee waived for third child onwards under Family Fee Programme.
The Family Fee Programme will be reviewed before 31/12/2019 – please call Admissions on +65 6475 4188 to check the most recent policies.
Tuition fees: 25% discount for third child and beyond. Applicable only for non-company sponsored education.
Tuition fee: 5% discount for all children for a third child enrolled and beyond. Children enrolled in full-day courses are entitled to a discount on their tuition fees of 5% per student. Not including students in Toddler and Nursery.
- Enrolment Fee: 50% discount for the third child and a full waiver of the enrolment fee for a fourth child and beyond.
- Facility Fee: 50% discount for the third child at AIS and a full waiver of the facility fee for a fourth child and beyond.
- Tuition Fee: 5% discount for the third child, 10% discount for the fourth child and 10% discount for fifth child offered for families with three or more students concurrently enrolled at AIS in any individual calendar year (based on the age of the students).
Total school fees: 25% reduction in school fees for the fourth child only.
- A 30% discount on the enrolment and facility fee is available for the application of a third child and a 70% discount on the enrolment and facility fee is available for a fourth child and beyond.
- A 10% discount on the tuition fee is available for a third child and a 20% discount on the tuition fee is applicable for a fourth child and beyond.
Discounts are applied from the third child onwards. For example, if there are 3 children in the family, the youngest child will receive the discount.
Development fee: 50% discount for third child.
- Tuition fees: The first and/or second sibling (second child and third child in the family) will each receive a 10% concession off their annual tuition fees. The third and any additional siblings (fourth child and subsequent children in the family) will receive a 25% concession off their annual tuition fee.
- Registration and admission fees: In addition, any newly enrolled siblings (brother or sister by birth or adoption) of any child already enrolled will receive a Registration Fee Credit (SGD $800), and Admission Fee Waiver (SGD $5,200).
The previous sibling must either be registered at GEMS or was enrolled at GEMS during the previous academic year prior to the date of registration of a subsequent sibling at GEMS (Singapore).
*Policies published here are based on research conducted online and via email as at July 2019. All policies, terms and conditions included, should be verified directly with schools.
Like this story? Here’s more we think you’ll enjoy: