Mark your diaries for 16 March 2019: HoneyKids Asia International School Fair with HSBC is back BIGGER and BETTER than ever!
We’re bringing in over 20 Singapore international schools (including pre-schools) as well as international schools from around Asia, and select overseas universities and education consultants to answer all your school-related questions. We’ve organised talks every hour, covering hot topics such as early years learning, language learning and how best to steer your child towards longterm academic success. Plus there’ll will also be workshops, free play time, goody bags and prizes too! So whether you’re child is 7 or seventeen, this is the event for you!
Our partner, HSBC, is the bank of choice for global citizens, and we think that our partner is the perfect fit when it comes to finances (including relocation and international and overseas schooling costs). HSBC is always on hand to offer pre-and post-arrival support for families relocating to Singapore as well as plenty of perks for HSBC customers. Visit HSBC at the HoneyKids Asia International School Fair to understand how they can help make your child’s education options easier. And don’t forget to collect your goody bag from them – it’s valued at over $50!
What’s it all about?
Looking for an international school (or pre-school) in Singapore or neighbouring countries?
There’ll be over 20 Singapore international schools (including pre-schools) as well as international schools from around Asia on hand to speak to about everything from curriculum to pricing. Principals, staff and admissions officers will be happy to answer any questions on topics from pre-school years right through to secondary school options, and beyond. Schools you can meet on the day:
- Australian International School (AIS)
- Bali Island School (BIS)
- Blue House Nursery & International Preschool
- Canadian International School (CIS)
- Chatsworth International School
- EtonHouse International School
- GEMS World Academy (Singapore)
- Global Indian International School Singapore (GIIS)
- Hillside World Academy (HWA)
- International Community School (Singapore)
- ISS International School (ISS)
- Lycée Français de Singapour (LFS)
- Marlborough College Malaysia
- Nexus International School (
- One World International School (
- Repton Schoolhouse
- St. Joseph’s Institution International School (SJII)
- Stamford American International School (SAIS)
- Swiss School of Singapore (SSiS)
- UWC Thailand
Searching for an overseas university for your teenager?
If so, you’ll be stoked to hear that we’re adding an additional component to this fair (based on the feedback of parents) for those who need advice on the longer term plans for older kid’s education. Swing by for a chat with select universities and education consultants for wise words on which higher education routes suit your family best, and what overseas schooling options are available.
Attend useful talks & school workshops
We’ve organised a host of other activities to help shape and support your school search such as expert panel talks on the hour and workshops so parents can see for themselves what life would really be like for your child at the schools on your shortlist, check out the programme below:
>Expert Panel Talk Schedule – just turn up, no registration required
- 10am: All about the Early Years
Schools on this panel: ISS International School (ISS), St. Joseph’s Institution International School (SJII) & Bali Island School (BIS)
- 11am: Language Learning & Bilingualism
Schools on this panel: Lycée Francais de Singapour (LFS), UWCSEA & Stamford American International School
- 12pm: Choosing the Right International School
Schools on this panel: International Community School (Singapore), GEMS World Academy (Singapore) & UWC Thailand
- 1pm: University Pathways to USA, AUSTRALIA and UK
These talks will be broken up into 20 min slots with EducationUSA give out key tips and guidance on all things going to uni in the USA (1pm-1:20pm) followed by IDP covering tips about studying in Australia (1:20pm-1:40pm) and UK (1:40pm-2pm). Join for all three or pop in if you’ve already shortlisted the country!
>Workshop Schedule – registration required, bookings will open from 9am on event day
- 9:30am: Learn like a Pre-Schooler with (GESS): If you have always wondered what learning in pre-school looks like, here is your chance to experience it firsthand! Parents are invited tio join in this interactive workshop to code as a preschooler would and reflect on the process of learning through the experience.
- 10:30am:Learning to Read with Australian International School: Did you know that learning to read is a complex process that begins at birth when parents first begin talking to their baby? Parents will learn how to prepare their children at home for this vital stage of their learning journey.
- 11:30am: ‘I don’t care who started it’ with Nexus International School (Singapore): Keen to find out more about Restorative Practice? No matter how old our children are, we’ve all probably gone through, or are going through that stage of trying to resolve conflicts between our children. Join for an interactive session and become the Zen parent you have always dreamt of.
- 1pm: Learn Chinese in 30 minutes with Canadian International School: The CIS team will show you how fun and easy it is to learn Chinese through simple Chinese songs and story-telling through symbols. At the end of this workshop, parents will be able to sing popular Chinese songs such as “Big Apple” and “12 zodiacs” and have an understanding of the Chinese language learning approach at CIS.
Meet expert partners, enjoy free play time and goody bags too
Don’t forget to also check in with our expert partners for info and advice on all things parenting. Our friends from Santa Fe Relocation, Stork’s Nest Singapore, GrabShuttle, CIS Summer Camps, Camp Asia, SRT, Singtel, Sports Ready, Collegewise, Discovery Camps and HSBC Singapore Rugby Sevens, The Yard Gymnastics, Complete Healthcare International (CHI) and The Corner Store are amongst the awesome partners who will be on site all throughout the fair.
And if you decide to bring the kiddos along to the fair, we’ve got plenty going on to keep them busy all thanks to Santa Fe Relocation‘s pop up playground (we know how much kids love playing with boxes!) as well as a fantastic goody bag valued at over $50 thanks to our friends at HSBC. It’s literally bursting at the seams with cool stuff including treats from Jamie’s Italian, stationery, hats, vouchers and more (it’s one per family and whilst stocks last).
All the deets
Event Name: HoneyKids Asia International School Fair, in partnership with HSBC
Date: Saturday 16th March 2019
Location: Pan Pacific Singapore – Pacific Ballroom (ground floor) – 7 Raffles Blvd, Marina Square, Singapore 039595
Cost: This is a FREE event but pre-registration is required – complete now for faster entrance at the event. Otherwise, you can register on the day!
Note: We’ll send emails and update the Facebook event page regularly with programme updates, details on how to access the venue and any new additions to the event: stay tuned!