The HoneyKids Asia International School Fair in partnership with HSBC
|DATE:||Saturday, March 17, 2018|
|TIME:||9am – 3pm|
|VENUE:||Shangri-La Hotel, Orchard|
|PRICE:||FREE, registration required|
What’s in it for you?
Here’s what you can expect from our second all-singing, all-dancing HoneyKids Asia International School Fair in partnership with our friends at HSBC:
- 20 international school booths with principals and admission staff on hand, ready to give you the full lowdown on each school.
- A series of five panel discussions where experts from the international schools will speak about school topics that matter.
- A dedicated kids’ play area hosted by one of Singapore’s coolest play centres, so your ‘lil ones will be kept busy while you chat freely with the schools.
- Free soft drinks, tea and coffee (caffeine, hurrah!).
- Goody bags courtesy of HSBC filled with surprises.
Which schools will you meet?
The crème de la crème of the Singapore international school world is gathering for this event include:
- Australian International School
- Blue House Nursery and International Preschool
- Brisbane Boys’ College (Australia)
- Canadian International School
- Chatsworth International School
- EtonHouse International
- GEMS World Academy (Singapore)
- Global Indian International School Singapore
- Hillside World Academy
- International Community School (Singapore)
- ISS International School
- Marlborough College Malaysia
- Nexus International School (Singapore)
- One World International School
- Stamford American International School
- St. Joseph’s Institution International
- The Explore School House
- The Winstedt School
Watch this space for more schools joining the lineup!
What free talks can you participate in?
We’ve brought together the experts for a series of exclusive Q&A sessions that will be running every hour at the International School fair. Get unique insights during these informal discussions, and ask all those burning questions you’ve had in mind. No pre-registration is required, but do note seats are limited.
TALK ONE: CHOOSING THE RIGHT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Listen to experts from ITS Education, HSBC and GEMS World Academy (Singapore) as they share insider tips on what you need to keep in mind when choosing the right international school for your child. Whether your decision lies within pricing, ethos, curriculum or language, this is one talk to attend if you’re still sitting on the fence.
TALK TWO: LEARNING THROUGH PLAY IN THE EARLY YEARS
Why is learning through play so important in the early years? And what should you be considering when your little one is ready to start at playgroup or preschool? Experts from Bluehouse Nursery & International Preschool, Canadian International School and Australian International School weigh in…
TALK THREE: THE EVOLUTION OF CURRICULUMS TO IMPROVE LEARNING OUTCOMES
How has today’s schooling environment evolved and what future trends can you anticipate? Experts at Nexus International School (Singapore), The Winstedt School and EtonHouse International will talk about academic pathway options, comprehensive programmes and where digital innovation is headed.
TALK FOUR: WHAT KIDS NEED TO SUCCEED
What do our children need from schools today to succeed in life later? From holistic learning to homework and right through to CCA’s – what helps and what doesn’t? Join experts from The Explore School House, One World International School and St. Joseph’s Institution International in this interesting discussion.
TALK FIVE: THE BENEFITS OF BILINGUALISM AND MOTHER TONGUE SUPPORT
Experts from Stamford American International School, GESS and ISS International School discuss languages and why bilingualism is important for our children.
Meet our partner
HSBC understands that a parent’s main priority when raising a global citizen is gifting their child with the best education possible. And when you’re trying to find that perfect school for your family, let’s be honest: fees can be part of the challenge. Thankfully HSBC has some great solutions to really lighten the financial burden.
To find out more about banking and partner privileges, which include international banking services, pop over to HSBC for all the deets.