Whether you're new to Singapore or are looking to change schools, your search for the best international schools in Singapore just got easier...
We’ll be honest: for us, deciding between international schools in Singapore for our kids was up there with one of the toughest decisions we ever had to make. Sleepless nights, weeks – if not months – of stress, not to mention endless school tours and hours spent figuring out budgets, making curriculum comparisons and reading parent testimonials. It wasn’t easy to get to that all-important decision. Well, good folk of Singapore, your search for your own shortlist of the best international schools in Singapore just got a tad easier. We’ve done the groundwork for you and it’s all here in one handy read.
HoneyKids School Selector: the best tool for narrowing down your list of international schools in Singapore
First off, let us steer you in the direction of our school comparison tool: the HoneyKids School Selector. You’ll find a ton of useful info there, as well as those aforementioned testimonials and school profiles ranging from preschools through to high schools. You can also filter school choices by all the important factors: location, school fees, curriculums, class size and language programmes. Use School Selector to narrow your school search field and even do side by side comparisons before you head out to look at your top choices. The best school in Singapore for your child – and your family – is waiting, and the search starts now with HoneyKids School Selector.
HoneyKids International School Fair
Since 2017, we’ve been hosting the HoneyKids International School Fair, and we bring together more than 20 of the best international schools and preschools in Singapore under one roof, at one time.
The fair welcomes families to come along – for free – to speak to admissions officers, principals and key staff from schools for kids of all ages, and we know from all the wonderful feedback just how helpful these fairs have been to so many previously bewildered parents. The HoneyKids International School Fair with HSBC also hosts panel talks where parents can listen in on discussions about useful topics including raising global citizens, the importance of early years education, bilingualism for kids and curriculums explained. And the good news? The next one is coming on Saturday 28th September 2019. Mark it in your diary, stat!
In the meantime, do take a look at the videos from our previous fairs for an idea of just how useful these events really are:
- HoneyKids International School Fair with HSBC: 18 November 2017
- HoneyKids International School Fair with HSBC: March 2018
- HoneyKids International School Fair with HSBC: 29 September 2018
- HoneyKids International School Fair with HSBC: 16 March 2019
What’s on in the schools this month?
We’ve been busy rounding up ALL the open houses, in-school events, playgroups, coffee mornings, meet-the-teacher sessions and useful dates you need to know about in the best international schools in Singapore. Keep an eye out for our monthly guide – published the last week of every month – so you know exactly when that school tour you wanted to take is happening.
We think that the opinions that hold the most store are the ones from the people who really know a school: the parents of pupils! Lucky for you, we have plenty of parent testimonials and videos from some of the very best international schools in Singapore, including:
- Australian International School (AIS): Dawn Tan
- Canadian International School (CIS): Anita Bartholomeusz
- German European School Singapore (GESS): Ana Carla Martins
- GEMS World Academy (Singapore): Lotus Mackie
- Stamford American International School: Miriam and Andrew Acquaah-Harrison
- Nexus International School (Singapore): Michela Zanata and Nicholas Lee
- Singapore American School: Georgina Bach
- One World International School (OWIS): Wendy Riddell
- EtonHouse International School Broadrick: Maria Ricucci
- EtonHouse International School Orchard: Mikkel and Mette Rasmussen
- Dover Court International School: Sheona Stevenson
- Blue House Nursery and International Preschool: Kylie Thévenau
- Tanglin Trust School: Kerry Allen
- United World College South East Asia (UWCSEA): Liz Jackson
- Global Indian International School (GIIS): Dinish and Jubi
- Integrated International School (IIS):Pieter and Liesbeth Goudriaan
- White Lodge Preschool: Chris Edwards
- Shaws Preschool: Lydia Janssen
- Pat’s Schoolhouse: Rachel Ong
- Learning Vision Preschool: James Rigg
- Singapore American School: Tom and Valerie Gan Garry
Chatting with teachers, admission officers and principals really gives parents an insight into an international school’s ethos and learning culture, so when you take a school tour, do make sure you chat with as many key staff members as you can. In the meantime, we’ve already been grilling the principals and heads of departments at these international schools in Singapore…
- Dover Court International School: Christopher Short
- One World International School (OWIS): Michelle Dickinson
- Global Indian International School (GIIS): Melissa Maria and Madhu Khanna
- Australian International School (AIS): Andre Casson
- Nexus International School (Singapore): Judy Cooper
- German European School Singapore (GESS): Christoph Zanglein
- Stamford American International School (SAIS): Andrew Hancock
- Odyssey Wilkinson: Alice Alagan
- Brighton Montessori Preschool: Suzee Reza
- XCL World Academy (formerly known as GEMS World Academy Singapore): Richard Henry
A peek inside…
We’ve also been busy hanging out at the international schools capturing a virtual peek inside, on video! Check out all sorts of school related video including school tours, classroom experiences and more:
- Hillside World Academy (HWA): Bicultural life at HWA
- Nexus International School (Singapore): A day in the life of a Nexus student
- Nexus International School (Singapore): First day of school
- Nexus International School (Singapore): Bubble creation lab
- Nexus International School (Singapore): Music lessons to try at home
- Nexus International School (Singapore): Rainy day craft – make a hologram at home
- Nexus International School (Singapore): Teaching your kids to swim with confidence
- Nexus International School (Singapore): Open Classrooms
- One World International School (OWIS): Kindness is key
- Singapore American School (SAS): A school where learning is cool
- Singapore American School (SAS): Raising global citizens
- German European School Singapore (GESS): Learning opps abound for preschoolers
- Integrated International School (IIS): Why students love life at IIS
- Australian International School (AIS): Transitioning between grades made easy
- Australian International School (AIS): This is what a Reggio-Emilia school looks like
- Canadian International School (CIS): The benefits of bilingualism
- Canadian International School (CIS): The STEAM programme at CIS
- EtonHouse International School: More than just a primary school
- EtonHouse International School: Creating happy families in a school that cares
- EtonHouse International School: The lowdown on EtonHouse’s SMART programme
- Blue House Nursery and International Preschool: A place where little ones are inspired to learn
- Stamford American International School (SAIS): Portrait of a sports champion
- GEMS World Academy (Singapore): Meet the awesome teachers of GEMS World Academy (Singapore)
- GIIS SMART Campus: Discover a school for the 21st century
Burning education questions addressed by the schools
Picking a school is a minefield, and the most pressing questions that keep you awake at night are probably covered right here at HoneyKids Asia. We’ve been posing some of those all-important topics to some of the best international schools in Singapore, and here’s what they collectively have to say on these subjects:
Language and learning
The benefits of bilingualism and how to help your child succeed
Raising science-loving kids in Singapore
The language programs that make students feel right at home
Here’s how to get your child to enjoy Maths
Guide to international school curriculums in Singapore
IB explained: International Baccalaureate 101
International vs local school: which system suits your child best?
Learning and emotional support
International schools in Singapore that offer learning support
Early intervention and inclusive preschools
Getting your child assessed for learning difficulties, special needs or behaviour issues in Singapore
Bullying in school: how to handle it as a parent
Parent support at Singapore’s international schools
International schools and preschools by location
Preschools in the west of Singapore
Preschools in the central area of Singapore
Preschools in the east of Singapore
Preschools in Sentosa
Your guide to international schools by location
International schools in Singapore on the move
Technology in schools
How important is technology in the classroom?
Homework, exams and activities beyond the classroom
After school clubs for kids: Brownies, Scouts, cadets and more
Encouraging little ones to love reading
How to help your kids with homework
The big homework debate: How much is too much?
Helping kids keep cool under exam pressure
How to prevent school holiday brain drain
School holiday reading list as suggested by schools
Volunteering programmes for kids in schools
Useful info for parents
Your checklist of questions for your next school tour
How easy it if for my child to change schools during high school years?
Glossary of Singapore school acronyms
International school in Singapore: What does it really cost?
International school holiday dates for 2019
First day of school? Here’s how to help your child settle in
The international schools in Singapore who are thinking green
Here’s how to tell if your little one is ready for preschool
The international schools offering sibling discounts
Understanding early years education
But wait! There’s more!
If you haven’t got link click fatigue by now then we’ve still got more useful stuff for you (see, we told you this was the only guide you would need!). Not only are the international schools in this fair land excellent, but they’re full of experts too. And with expert people come expert tips:
Tanglin Trust School: How to get kids to make healthier food choices
Tanglin Trust School: Teaching kids to ride a bike
Tanglin Trust School: How to raise tech-loving kids
Tanglin Trust School: Encouraging little ones to love reading
Blue House Nursery and International Preschool: Tips on how to make potty training easier for all
Blue House Nursery and International Preschool: Is your child ready for full days in school?
XCL World Academy (formerly known as GEMS World Academy Singapore) : Independent learning through the Middle Years Programme (MYP) personal projects
XCL World Academy (formerly known as GEMS World Academy Singapore): Why the sports field is as important as the classroom
XCL World Academy (formerly known as GEMS World Academy Singapore): How to raise confident kids
Canadian International School (CIS): Why children should be learning languages
Now get yourself over to the HoneyKids School Selector to start your shortlist mission, and then RSVP for the International School Fair with HSBC to meet the schools you want to know more about on 28 September.
Parents: you’re all set. You’ve got this.