We know a thing or two about high-energy kiddos, and we’re well on top of ideas for tiring the little treasures out at trampoline parks, exploring the best scooting spots in Singapore, and scheduling awesome workshops to take together. But how do we bring them back down from the ceiling for some quiet time? Reading! We’ve found five lovely children’s bookstores in Singapore: perfect for when you fancy curling up with a great classic children’s story or colourful toddler book to restore peace and harmony!
1. Warning: step into Woods in the Books at your own peril. This cute bookshop will lure you in for hours with its jam-packed shelves of colourful reads for kiddos of all ages. Keep an eye out for regular ‘meet-the-author’ events and storytelling on Sundays too.
2. Little kids, big imaginations, cosy corners for reading aloud and, of course, tons of books are the name of the game over at My Imagination Kingdom.
3. My Greatest Child carries over 1000 titles from around the globe: enough reading fodder for the most ardent of bookworms!
4. Ahoy there book fans! If you’re doing a spot of shopping on Orchard Road, appease the kiddos with a trip to Books Ahoy! The store is packed floor-to-ceiling with beautiful books: our idea of heaven! This is also the place to head for some seriously cool colouring book options.
5. As one of Singapore’s few independent bookstores, Littered with Books (pictured top) has a location and the perfect book for readers of all ages. It stocks an impressive array of children’s books (all specially chosen by the store) and plenty of recommended reads for adults! Make a family day out of it to stock up on reading fodder for all.
Top image credit to Littered with Books
Like this story? Here’s more we think you’ll enjoy:
Advice from local authors on getting your own book published
Children’s author Don Bosco shares his favourite family friendly events during BuySingLit
How to self-publish your own children’s book
Five favourite chapter books to read aloud with kids