Once you are done tossing your lo hei, have snapped a gazillion Insta-worthy Chinatown photos and have exhausted our weekly list of things to do this weekend, we’ve found five family attractions that are staying open this Chinese New Year where you can hang out with underwater dragons, find Cookie Monster in a changshan, and discover all there is to know about the humble rooster…
1. It’s Open House at the National Gallery this weekend! Bring the kids over for an arty day out: entry to ALL exhibits is free for all visitors until 30 Jan! Keep your eyes peeled for the lucky dip, and don’t miss the Keppel Centre for Art Education, one of our absolute faves for a fun day out with the kiddos. (Check out the CNY hours for the gallery cafes though so you don’t end up with hangry little peeps.)
2. While the real lions may not be dancing, we still fancy seeing the residents getting their festive treats, finding out Fowl Facts about chickens, and meeting some auspicious special guests at Singapore Zoo this weekend.
2. Step into the Art Science Museum where kiddos will love the dazzling Future World interactive digital playground. No swings and slides, but plenty of colourful fun to be had in this hands-on, must-see exhibit.
3. We all love a dragon dance, but have you ever seen an underwater dragon dance? Join in the Gong SEA Fa Cai festivities over at S.E.A. Aquarium for a huge dose of auspiciously good fun.
4. Flock over to Jurong Bird Park with your little chicks and celebrate CNY with Roo-Nar New Year goings on including a Zoo-Diac Trail, a Parrots Got Talent session, lion dances and meet-and greet ops, plus the Wings of Asia: Pheasant Edition guided tour.
Photo Credit: Universal Studios Singapore