Yes, it’s Monday again but that doesn’t mean we have to be blue. With the countdown to Christmas now ramping up, we took a breather from having to think about turkey and tinsel to have some serious fun with the junior HoneyKids team. Our tots have been whipping up a storm around Singapore trying and testing the activities you need to pop on your hot list, stat.
1. We had a bear-y cute rainy afternoon picking, stuffing and perfecting some cute new additions to the family. Build-a-Bear is simply adorable. Our only bug-bear? Why don’t they do the snazzy outfits and lovely accessories in our size? Do note, the snazzy outfits cost extra so make sure you’ve got the cash or pre-warn your little people that their bear may be nude!
2. All in the name of research, we took ourselves off for a cheeky little staycation at Holiday Inn Atrium to try out its new Famtastic Weekend Staycation package. Sadly the dodgy weather meant the poolside evening movie was moved inside, but the half-hour free play at nearby indoor play centre extraordinaire, Waka Waka, definitely appeased the small critics. The Chatterbox Conversation Cards were also a hit: 30 conversation-prompting cards to use as a family that led to some very amusing chats! Add in an awesome buffet brekkie, some cute art and craft sessions, a great kids’ welcome pack, lovely staff and a comfy room, and you’ve got yourself a budget-friendly night away from home that ticks a whole lot of boxes.
3. After a super successful indoor activity session with the kids back when Clip ‘n’ Climb opened at Our Tampines Hub earlier this year, we decided to flex our spidey skills – with dad in tow this time – on a repeat visit. A great opp for a friendly family challenge at an affordable price. There’s also laser tag to up the competition ante.
4. We’re not sure about the hills, but the theatre was definitely alive with The Sound of Music when we caught the show with our young theatre fans late last week. With its familiar soundtracks (we’re still humming Edelweiss every few minutes), top-notch cast and heartwarming story, this is one show you’re not going to want to miss. Don’t forget to check out our review before you book your tix!
5. Lastly, we made it our mission to try as many heartlands, HDB and neighbourhood playgrounds as we could (in between downpours!). The kids have the slide burn injuries as proof. A giant success of a venture if ever there was one – all for zero spend (if you don’t include the ice cream we conceded to between playground three and four).
Like this story? Here’s more we think you’ll enjoy:
The TV shows we’re currently binge watching, and you should too
The 2018 long weekends and public holidays: and how to spend them
Xmas market season has begun: here’s the fairs we’re shopping
Our guide to Haw Par Villa: Singapore’s freakiest cultural attraction